Monday, March 16, 2015

My World Revolves Around SEO and My Head Is Spinning!

The Basics of SEO

 

Learning SEO basics remains supreme in my world! 

 

I've been dreaming about long tail keywords!  I remember reading about SEO a few years ago and didn't pay any attention to it.  I didn't think I needed it. Now every time I see an article or a class on it, I'm interested.

 

This week in SEO education began with a great course from Skillshare.  

 

The class is called SEO Mastery. The instructor Vladimir Raykov is very thorough and explained things well.  He's so thorough that I felt overwhelmed and decided I can't do every thing he suggested, but I will do a few.  Including making sure my photos on my blog posts have alt tags, using subheading in my blog posts and to be smart when link building. If you're interested in the class you can find it here.

 

Renae Christine's SEO webinar had similar tips. 

 

It wasn't as lengthy as the SEO class from Skillshare. She introduced me to SEOBook and showed us her strategy of getting more traffic to her blog by using SEOBook and Google Adwords.  She also suggested using Google Trends as well. 


Let me just stop right here! If you have an Etsy business or any type of handmade business and you need help with getting traffic to your website or just marketing the business, Renae Christine is for you!  She has a Rich Mom University which is a lot cheaper than Market Impact Academy or Marie Forleo's program, but her focus is definitely Etsy and other handmade businesses.  Renae Christine has opened up registration for her Rich Mom University.  You can find out more here.

 
I wrote her to ask if she ever thought of expanding her brand to moms who don't want to sell homemade items, but would just like to learn about how to market any type of business. Never heard back from her.  And that's ok. She has her niche and is sticking to it.

 
I have learned so much about SEO and keywords in the past month.  At this time last year I didn't have a clue.  What about you?! Do you have any good tips for learning SEO basics?!  Let me know in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment