Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nostalgia

I've been thinking about this for a while. We are we always romanticizing the past and not the future? We've been hearing a lot lately that some want to take their country back and go back to a time like the 1950s. Now I wonder if people in the 1950s would ever imagine that time in history being so popular. Times were hard back then too I'm sure, but we tend to remember mostly the good things. I personally loved the 1980s. Sometimes I wish I could go back and experience a good day back then. I was a teenager then so I didn't really pay any attention to politics. We always had food on the table, clothes on our backs and a roof over our heads. I spent most of my time shopping for clothes, records and of course going to school.

What triggered all of this for me was the fact that Revlon has brought back it's Fire & Ice collection http://www.revlon.com/Revlon-Home/Featured-Collection/FireAndIce.aspx. It has Jessica Biel dressed up like a starlet in the 1950s. The collection has eyeshadows, lipsticks and nail polish in bright colors. I think Revlon is capitalizing on the feelings of many people wanting a little bit of the past. Personally the colors are a bit bright for me, but I'm sure there are some people out there who are happy to see it return.

No comments:

Post a Comment